Good news for Thailand travellers and lovers. Thailand visa fee of 2,000 baht (Rs 4600) is to be waived off till next year. The Thailand government has approved extension for Free Visa on Arrival for Indians and 17 other countries till 30th April 2020. This gives an opportunity to travellers to travel in the high season and enjoy the famous Chinese New Year and Thailand Songkran festival which will be celebrated from 13th to 15th of April 2020.
On 19th of August 2019, Thailand ministry of tourism and sports proposed a scheme to wave off visa requirements for tourists from India and China for upto 30 days. This visa exemption proposal was proposed for whole 1 year. However, the cabinet declined the proposal due to security threats.
The good news is that the 21 countries including India has got an extension for free visa on arrival til 30th of April 2020. Earlier this free visa was to end by October 2019.
Airports at which you can get free visa on arrival in Thailand.
- Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Visa on Arrival at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK)
- Visa on Arrival at Phuket International Airport (HKT)
- Visa on Arrival at Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX)
- Visa on Arrival at Krabi International Airport (KBV)
Documents Required for your free visa on arrival.
- Return Air tickets (Return within 15 days of arrival)
- Hotel Bookings
- 1 Passport size photograph
- 10000 Bath per person or 20000 Bath for a family.